WELCOME BACK TO CHURCH!
My Fellow Orthodox Christians, There are some adjustments that we all need to make in order for our beloved Church to reopen. We need to adhere to the Metropolis requirements, along with the mandates and guidelines outlined by the State of Virginia. Your parish leadership team Father John, Parish Council, and Ministry Volunteers are diligently working to enact these measures. Pending approval from His Eminence, Metropolitan Evangelos of New Jersey through God's Grace, we are aiming to reopen on Sunday May 31st.
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND CHURCH
If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID 19 as outlined in the CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html or have come in contact with anyone showing such symptom, or if you have come into contact with COVID 19 positive persons within the last 2 weeks.
If you meet the criteria for returning, are not in the restricted category due to illness, symptoms or age, and are ready to return to worship, here are the steps:
- Prior registration is required to attend services Friday by 5pm prior to Church on Sunday.
- Masks must be worn at all times except when receiving Holy Communion.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry. You will be directed to your seating area by an usher and are asked to remain in that area for the duration of the service.
- Honor the icons and other sacred objects by a reverent bow and making the sign of the Cross instead of kissing.
- Maintain Social Distance! Refrain from shaking hands or kissing others during the service.
- Instructions for receiving Holy Communion and antidoron will be explained by Father John.
- At the conclusion of the service please exit and return to your vehicle without congregating.
By attending Church you agree that you are not currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms; or have been in contact with anyone showing such symptoms, or have come in contact with COVID 19 positive individuals within the last 2 weeks. By entering Nativity of the Theotokos Greek Orthodox Church (NTGOC) you affirm that while safety measures are being implemented by NTGOC, we cannot ensure the safety of every person. You agree to adhere to social distancing and safety guidelines being practiced in NTGOC; you consent to hold the NTGOC harmless against any damages or claims regarding your voluntary attendance. If you are unwilling to consent to the above, please join our online NTGOC services.
SIGN UP HERE!
Per Governor Northam we have a reduced number of members that are allowed to attend each service. Please register no later than 5pm on Fridays. We are mandated to gather the information on this form as part of us reopening Church.
For Phone Number: Please use dashes!
As an example 123-456-7890
IN MESSAGE BODY STATE ALL FAMILY MEMBERS ATTENDING WITH YOU!!!!!!
Sign up for Sunday May 31st!